Acidic Foods List
When you consume highly fatty, processed, or starchy foods, your body will begin to overproduce mucus. Too much mucus in your body can lead to you experiencing unwanted weight gain, lower energy levels, flu-like symptoms, body aches, obesity, constipation, chronic diseases, and more.
Foods that produce excess mucus in your body are called Acidic foods, also known as mucus-forming foods. To maintain optimal health, it is recommended that you eliminate or limit your intake of Acidic foods. Below is a list of meats, dairy products, and more that are considered Acidic.
- Meats: Bacon, Beef, Chicken, Chicken Nuggets, Goat, Goose, Ground Meat, Hamburger, Hot Dog, Lamb, Lunch Meat, Meat, Pork, Red Meat, Ribs, Sausage, Shellfish, Tuna Fish, Turkey, Veal, & Venison
- Shellfish/Seafood: Clams, Crab, Crayfish, Fish, Lobster, Oyster, Scallops, Shrimp
- Dairy: Butter, Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Creamer, Eggs, Goat Milk, Ice Cream. Milk, Milk Chocolate Powdered Milk, Sour Cream, Salad Dressings (Caesar, Creamy Caesar, Ranch, etc.), Soy Milk, Whey Protein, Whip Cream, Yogurt
- Artificial Sweeteners: Brown Sugar, Cane Sugar, Rice Syrup, Stevia, & Sweet ‘N Low, & White Sugar
- Refined Grains and Starches: Bagels, Barley, Breadsticks, Buckwheat, Cakes, Cookies, Commercial Cereals, Couscous, Croissants, Cupcakes, Mozzarella Sticks, Oats, Pancakes, Pasta, Pastries, Pizza, Pizza Dough, Potato Bread, Potato Rolls, Rice, Spaghetti, Waffles, Wheat Bread, White Bread, White Flour, White Rice, Whole Grain Bread, & Millet
- Beverages: Beer, Cane Juice, Carbonated Beverages, Champagne, Coffee, Commercial Fruit Beverages, Hot Cocoa, Kool-Aid, Liquor, Soda, Sugary Drinks, & Wine
- Fruits and Vegetables: Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Carrots, Celery, Collard Greens, Corn, Eggplant, Garlic, Grapefruit, Green Peas, Lemon, Peas, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Potatoes, Shiitake Mushrooms, Spinach, & String Beans, Sweet Potatoes
- Beans: Black Beans, Black-eyed Peas, Fava Beans, Kidney Beans, Lentils, Lima Beans, Navy Beans, Pinto Beans, Red Beans, Soybeans, Wax Beans, White Beans,
- Nuts: Almonds, Chestnuts, Hazelnuts, Peanuts, Pecans, & Pine Nuts,
- Oils: Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Cottonseed Oil, Peanut Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Soybean Oil, Sunflower Oil, & Vegetable Oil
*The mentioned foods are examples of Acidic foods. There are many more foods that can be grouped in the above categories.