Alkaline Foods List
When you consume highly fatty, processed, or starchy foods, your body will begin to overproduce mucus. Mucus is needed in the body because it protects the stomach lining and acts as a barrier. However, when too much mucus is produced, your overall state of health begins to decline, and you find yourself experiencing the following: bloating, fatigue, weight gain, constipation, joint pain, dull appearance, higher likelihood of catching diseases, and much more.
So what is the solution? -> Alkaline foods. Alkaline foods (in addition to lots of water and my Sea Moss and Bladderwrack capsules) naturally rid the body of excess mucus and provides many benefits when consumed. Below is a list of all fruits, veggies, grains, nuts/seeds, oils, and seasonings that are considered Alkaline.
- Fruits: Apples, Bananas (small or Burro Bananas), Berries (NO Cranberries), Cantaloupe, Cherries, Currants, Dates, Figs, Grapes, Limes (preferably Key Limes), Mango, Melons, Oranges (preferably Seville or Sour Oranges), Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Prickly Pear (Cactus Fruit), Prunes, Raisins , Soft Jelly Coconuts, Soursop, & Tamarind
- Vegetables: Amaranth Greens (Callaloo), Arugula, Avocado, Bell Peppers (Mini Peppers), Chayote (Mexican Squash), Cucumber, Dandelion Greens, Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas), Izote (Cactus Flower/Leaf), Kale, Lettuce (NO Iceberg), Mushrooms (NO Shiitake), Nopales (Mexican Cactus), Okra, Olives, Onions, Sea Vegetables (Wakame/Dulse/Arame/Hijiki/Nori), Squash, Tomato (Cherry & Plum ONLY), Tomatillo, Turnip Greens, Zucchini, Watercress, & Purslane
- Grains: Amaranth, Fonio, Kamut, Quinoa, Rye, Spelt, Tef, & Wild Rice
- Nuts & Seeds: Brazil Nuts, Hemp Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Sesame "Tahini" Butter, & Walnuts
- Oils: Olive Oil (DO NOT cook), Coconut Oil (DO NOT cook), Grapeseed Oil, Sesame Oil, Hempseed Oil, & Avocado Oil
- Spices/Seasonings: Agave, Basil, Bay Leaf, Cayenne Pepper, Cilantro, Cloves, Date Sugar/Syrup, Dill, Habanero, Onion Powder, Oregano, Parsley, Powdered Granulated Seaweed (Kelp/Dulce/Nori), Sage, Sea Salt, Sweet Basil, Tarragon, & Thyme
*When shopping for Alkaline foods, try to get them Organic, Small, & Seeded!