When transitioning into an Alkaline lifestyle, many people feel that there are too many food restrictions, resulting in them having nothing else to eat. Well boy oh boy, are we here to tell you that you are wrong! We have put together the following list of Alkaline swaps, to provide you with healthier Alkaline alternatives to your Acidic (mucus-forming) foods.
*Due to our lack of food recipes (our Alkaline Transition Coach, Sierra is currently working on the cookbooks), we have provided you links to trustworthy and highly recommended sites that will include Alkaline dishes and recipes all-in-one!
This list will regularly be added on as we identify more swaps:
- Swap out rice (Acidic) for Quinoa or Wild Rice (Alkaline)
- Swap out milk (Acidic) for Hemp Milk or Walnut Milk (Alkaline)
- Swap out beans (Acidic) for Garbanzo Beans (Alkaline)
- Swap out ground beef (Acidic) for Walnut Meat (Alkaline)
- Swap out processed cereals (Acidic) for Puffed Kamut Cereal (Alkaline)
- Swap out bread (Acidic) for Sourdough Spelt Bread (Alkaline)
- Swap out butter (Acidic) for Walnut Butter or Tahini Butter (Alkaline)
- Swap out oatmeal (Acidic) for Spelt Flakes (Alkaline)
- Swap out white flour (Acidic) for Spelt Flour (Alkaline)
- Swap out noodles (Acidic) for Chickpea, Kamut, or Spelt Noodles.